Preserve your outdoor timber furniture with Skagerak’s oil. Designed to protect and strengthen, this natural oil saturates, darkens, protects, and strengthens wood types, such as teak, western red cedar, cherry, and mahogany. This leaves your furniture well-nourished, and resistant to water, dirt, and grease.
Proper usage and maintenance:
Proper usage and maintenance is vital for getting the most out of the valuable resources we have. Our designs are made to last for generations, but just like everything else, they need a little care to get there.
1. Clean the surface well before starting the oil treatment. Make sure to leave the wood to dry for at least 24 hours after cleaning. Avoid direct sunlight and high temperatures. It should be no colder than 13°C though.
2. Sand down any rough wooden fibers with sandpaper before applying the oil.
3. Stir the oil before and while using it.
4. Apply an even layer of oil with a brush or a lint-free cotton cloth.
5. Wipe off any excess oil with clean cotton cloths after no more than 20 minutes.
6. If the surface does not appear saturated with oil, repeat step 4 and 5 a couple of times.
7. It normally takes 48 hours for the oil to harden. The wood should not be exposed to water in this period.
8. We recommend to repeat this process 1-2 times a year. Remember to always clean the surface before.